Monday, February 6, 2012

How can I have lost my mind...again?!

I have mentioned numerous times to myself and others that nothing will make me feel inadequate as a person and as dumb as a post than having to deal with a 'sick' computer. What I've done in the past obviously isn't working (the definition of insanity: doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results) that being contacting my computer smarty-pants son and begging him for help. He didn't believe that I'd done EVERYTHING I could think of doing to get my computer working instead of staring at the purple Ubuntu sceen of death. He nearly screams that I should have had an external harddrive back-up and blah blah blah (which I thought I had since sonny boy had fixed it the last time it'd died). *sigh* I'm trying to adjust to being PC-less. :-( My learning curve on my iPad has been iffy. I am discovering things and I have NO idea how/why things have happened, good and/or bad! I suppose a blind squirrel can find a nut every once in a while (or an computer ignoramus can get something to work on the computer). **double sigh**

1 comment:

  1. Update: the Ubuntu purple screen of death was just that. I took my computer tower into Best Buy and after less than 24 hours, the verdict was returned--not only was my main harddrive DEAD but the back-up was also DEAD...undeniably, and reliably DEAD. I will now have to figure out a way to retrieve data from not only THOSE harddrives but the one that crashed with a blue screen of death less than 5 years ago. I've had it with PCs; I'm now an iMac head. I hope that I can learn this system soon so I can use the 3 basic functions critical for my life support--email, basic document generation and FB. Make that 4--access to Pinterest. ;-)

    ReplyDelete