Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I'm hurrying towards retirement as fast as I can!

When I rule the world, dealing with petty bureaucrats won't be as difficult as it is now.  I realize the concerns for doing adequate fact-checking and system security but a person shouldn't have to endure being shackled to a telephone in caller limbo (do you really think there are just 2 people ahead of me in the phone call lottery??  My favorite is when the disembodied voice says that there are NO people in line ahead of me and yet I continue to wait and wait and wait).

 I know I have beat this horse to death on numerous occasions but I wish I could get someone in authority to actually listen to me!  I don't need a PhD or a GS 16 rating to tell a group of programmers (preferably high school students or university undergrads who'd be willing to work for beer, pizza and video games) to get a government computer system that is not only secure but user friendly.  It would certainly use less paper as a vast majority of communications would be through this new fangled thing called the Internet.  Sure the number of email messages on the receiving end would be more to read but it's the same information that they'd have to read via the hardcopy that was originated by...well someone like ME.  I know that all the hardcopies that I send to various government agencies are scanned and ultimately sent to my claims agent/examiner but why waste time, energy and natural resources by sending it in the first place????

I'm serious, if I ever can finally GET retired, I'm going to volunteer my time to the presidential candidate of my choice and tell him that I have a dream!  Where all the citizens of this great nation don't have to fill out 2,3,4 or more sets of forms that basically ask the same thing!  One and DONE--One size could fit all, especially if it had a large 'Other remarks' section. ;-) Does my presidential candidate really want to streamline the workings of governmental agencies?  Duplication of effort and of agency forms will be just what the customer ordered! I'm old enough to know where the bullshit traps are but without any real power, it's difficult to navigate them but with a presidential mandate,  I could be a bureaucratic goddess/heroine!

OK, now that I've fixed that problem, what's next in my crosshairs?

No comments:

Post a Comment